Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 1

It's December 12 and I have started the quest for unleashing my inner self!  I know there is a skinnier, healthier me trapped under all this excess skin and weight.  Today is the first day of finding her and setting her free!  I started working out this morning and I must say, it was quite enjoyable!  

I really like the gym I joined.  The bright colors help keep you energized while your on the treadmill, bike, or elliptical machine, not to mention the music they have playing.  Of course I had my iPhone plugged into one of their docks so I could watch Netflix while working out!

I love One Tree Hill and I am using that as incentive on the treadmill.  Each episode is about 42 minutes long, so I know if I watch one full episode while walking away on the treadmill, I have gotten in at least 40 minutes of exercise.  Of course this won't work on strength training days, it will have to be music on those days.  

I'm still looking for a rockin' workout mix.  Until I make one or find one, I have Pandora or the gym's music.  They had a mix of old school and current music playing today.

Anyway this isn't supposed to be a critique of the gym I joined.  It's supposed to be a window into the journey to unleash my inner skinny girl.  I know she is in there, somewhere.  There is a lot of crap to burn through to find her.  But I know once I do, all the sweat and sore muscles will have been worth it.  I plan on sharing some brutally honest facts and figures with you through this blog.

Oh!  One thing I found interesting about this gym is that there is no scale in the women's locker room.  I wonder where it is because I wanted to find out what I actually weigh.  I know it's not a pretty number, but nonetheless I still want to know what it is.  

And I want to take some measurements, which I think will make me cry, but I want to know.  

And I am going to take before, during, and after pictures.  This of course will coincide with my "Year in Pictures" project I'm starting on January 1st, but it doesn't have to be my picture that day either.

I took some pictures of myself in the locker room and I have to tell you, I did NOT like what I saw!  Your body really looks different when you're in sweat pants and a t-shirt that is a size too small.  I know you're all like "Why are you wearing a t-shirt that is a size too small?"  Because I want to see how long it takes for me to like the way it looks on me. 

So if I wear it every time I work out, then I will get to see some results as well.  I just wish I could see results sooner.  I have to remember that I didn't get to this size overnight and I won't be able to unleash skinny me overnight either.

It's going to take hard work, determination, and guts!  But with a little atta girl spirit, I can do it...I can find my inner skinny girl and finally free her!

Oh, but wait...maybe I should define what I mean by skinny.  If you're thinking my goal is to become a Victoria's Secret model, think again.  I do not want to look anorexic (if you think they look healthy, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, however, please don't continue to read this blog because you are going to consider me a whale).  I also do not ever plan on being a size 2.  I just want to be healthy and maintain my curves.  I have hips and they probably aren't going anywhere.  I want a flat stomach, thighs that don't rub together, and my belly button back!

1 comment: