Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 6

Yesterday was FABULOUS!  Why is that working out just gives you a larger sense of purpose?
I tried the 30 minute circuit yesterday, it works your entire body in 30 minutes.  Similar to Curves, except there are actual weights, you aren't working against your own resistance.  Let me just tell you I am aching!  I don't do the circuit the way most people do.  I do the steps before I hit the machines.  I do all the arm machines and then I hit the treadmill for 30-40 minutes.  Then I go back to the circuit and do the steps and hit the leg machines.  My legs were jello when I left...and it was an amazing feeling!
I couldn't wait to hit the shower, I was sweaty and probably smelly, but I LOVED it.
I have never been able to say that before.  I've never enjoyed working out, at least not the way I am now. 
I get bored easily on the treadmill.
I don't like to push myself with the weights.
I don't like to sweat.
I don't like to be all red faced and hot and sticky.

But that has changed...somewhat
I still get bored on the treadmill, unless I have some kick ass angry chic music to listen to.  Then I could go and go and go!
I still don't prefer to push myself on the weights, but I do want to see some results so I have learned to push.
I like to sweat...weird.
I still don't like to be all red faced, cuz then my face looks like one of those red balls from grade school that you play dodge ball or 4 square with, but I look forward to getting hot and sticky!  It makes me feel like I really did well that day!

Funny how when you really desire something, things about you change.  I wonder what's changing next.

No comments:

Post a Comment