Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 2 - Whew

I have never, and I do mean NEVER enjoyed exercise of any kind.  Why you ask?  Because I'm lazy but mostly because I hate to sweat.  
I hate that sticky feeling your skin gets when you get hot.  
I hate that my face turns beet red when I get hot (no seriously I turn like Christmas red! not cute!).  
I hate when sweat beads up on my upper lip.
I hate when I can feel sweat drip down my back or my chest.
None of those things are good things.

Until today!  Can I just tell you how weird it was that I was excited that my shirt was clinging to me with sweat today?!  I wasn't dripping sweat, but my shirt was damp and normally I would have been completely grossed out.
Not today!
I was so excited I had the biggest, goofiest smile on my face as I walked to the locker room.  I'm pretty sure people thought I was on some kind of drug, not just an endorphine high! LOL
It was truly the coolest feeling, knowing I had worked so hard that my shirt couldn't absorb all the sweat my body produced.  I know it's kind of gross, but it gave me a sense of accomplishment today.
And I have to admit, 10 minutes into the treadmill I was ready to give up.
My left ankle was sore and hurt every time I put my foot down.  But instead of giving up I asked my buddy Jesus to take away the pain and help me just go another couple of minutes.  I had to do this about every 5 minutes because my ankle was really starting to hurt, but I made it for 38.35 minutes!  
And I have discovered that angry chic music is fun to work out to.  This morning's play list included Pink, Adele, Christina Aguilera, Avril Lavigne, and Ashlee Simpson.  I'm still trying to find the right mix for every day, I'm mean hello it is only day 2!
However, maybe if I switch it up everyday and keep listening to Pandora, I won't get bored with it.  I know you're thinking, wait I thought you were watching episodes of One Tree Hill on Netflix.  I do, but I only watch it on the bike because I get a crick in my neck on the treadmill. LOL
I have to admit listening to Pink sing So What I'm still a rock star made me want to run...but I'm not quite there yet.  When I get there, that is the song I want to run to!
So want to know something weird about Planet Fitness?  They don't have scales.  I know I thought the same thing, isn't this a gym.  Why yes it is, but they don't want you to think of it as a gym.  When you walk through their doors they want you to know you are in a judgement free zone, hence no scales.  So now I'm going to have to buy one because I do want to know how much I currently weigh.
That is a very scary number I am sure because this is the heaviest I have ever been.
And there is another incentive...if I can lost 50lbs in 6 months I get $1000!  I don't want to give all the details of this proposition, but I do want you to know that if you love someone who is overweight, do not try to bribe them into being your idea of perfection by offering to give them money.  Love them no matter what.  I was extremely hurt when I was first approached about this.  But now I'm taking it and running with it.  Although, I'm not going to accept the $1000 at the end of six months.  I'm going to make a counter offer which I'm keeping under wraps for now.
Day 2 - success!

No comments:

Post a Comment